2017 N.H.G.C. Local Rules
United States Golf Association Rules will govern play.
Local Rules/Conditions of the Competition.
- Water Hazards. Hole(s) 1, 4, 6, 11 (front of tee), 13, 15, 17 & 18. Rule 26.
- Lateral Water Hazards. Hole(s) 15(right), & 18(right). Rule 26.
- Out of bounds – Hole(s) 2, 3, 4, 8, 9(parking lot), 12 & 13. Boundary fence posts determine.
- Embedded Ball – Through the green(whole area of the course except the teeing ground and putting green of the hole being played and all hazards on the course), a ball that is embedded in its own pitch mark may be lifted, without penalty, cleaned and dropped as near as possible to where it lay, not nearer the hole. Note: A player may not take relief under this Local Rule if interference by anything other than the condition covered by the Local Rule makes the stroke clearly impracticable. Rule 25-2. Appendix 1- 3(a).
- Paths – Areas adjacent that tie into artificially surfaced roads or paths, are declared to have the same status as the roads or paths i.e., they are obstructions, not ground under repair. Relief, without penalty, is provided. Rule 24-2b(l).
- Bunkers – Exposed matting/construction material that interferes with stance, lie or intended swing, player may take relief within the bunker, treated as ground under repair. Place the ball as near as possible to where it lies clear of the condition. Rule 25-1. For stones in bunkers, treat as movable obstructions. Rule 24-1, Appendix 1 3(f).
- Obstructions – Safety fences serving Hole(s) 3, 6, 7 & 15. If the fence intervenes on the line of play, player is entitled to relief, no closer to the hole, clear of the fence (line-of-sight). Decision 33-8/18. Teeing ground monuments and obstructions(including bushes) on teeing grounds, water sheds and ground plaques, drop within one club length of nearest point of relief. Rule 24-2(b).
- Distance measuring devices (i.e. Skycaddie) are allowed in all N.H.G.C. Men’s Club Events. Rule 14-3/0.5
- Any questions with regards to rules and how to proceed, play two (2) balls for stroke play and for match play, make a claim against the opponent, and get your decision later by the Rules Committee.
General Penalty for Breach of Rules is loss of hole in match play, two strokes in stroke play. Major Breach could result is disqualification. Rules Committee along with consultation of the PGA Professional will discuss any potential breaches brought to their attention. The decision will be handed down by the Rules Chairman (or designee), prior to the close of the competition. Any Committee member directly involved in a decision must be excluded.
Rules Committee 3-11-2017RULES OF GOLF Includes Rule Videos.