2019 N.H.G.C. Local Rules
United States Golf Association Rules will govern play.
Local Rules/Conditions of the Competition.
- Yellow Penalty Areas – Hole(s) 1, 4 (front of tee), 11 (front of tee), 13 (front of tee),15 (stream in front of green), 17 (front of tee) & 18 (stream and round pool). Rule 17. two drop options. (17.1d)
- Red Penalty Areas- Holes(s) 15 (right and left), (16 left) and 18 (right). Additional lateral option.
- Out of bounds – Hole(s) 2, 3, 4, 8, 9(parking lot), 12 & 13. Boundary fence posts determine. Rule 18
- Embedded Ball – General area (whole area of the course except the teeing ground and putting green of the hole being played and all penalty areas on the course), a ball that is embedded in its own pitch mark may be lifted, without penalty, cleaned and dropped within one club length directly behind the ball (reference point), but not nearer the hole. Note: A player may not take relief under this rule if interference by anything other than the ball being embedded makes the stroke clearly unreasonable (e.g.in a bush). Rule 16.3
- Abnormal Course Conditions.- These conditions are not treated as part of the challenge of playing the course and free relief is generally allowed except in penalty areas. e.g. carts paths and roads. Includes immovable obstructions. Rule 16.1
- Bunkers – Exposed matting/construction material that interferes with stance, lie or intended swing, player may take relief within the bunker. Place the ball as close as possible to where it lies clear of the Until further posted notice, the ball may be lifted, sand smoothed and placed in any bunker. The play must be reasonable to take this relief, not buried in a face of the bunker.
- Safety Fences/Teeing area – Safety fences serving Hole(s) 3, 6, 7 & 15. Should the fence interfere with the intended line of play, player is entitled to relief, no closer to the hole, and clear of the fence, including line of sight. Teeing ground monuments and obstructions (including bushes) on the teeing ground, water sheds, and ground plaques, drop within one club length of nearest point of relief.
- For Hole(s) 4 and 12 (greenside and in bounds) -should your ball/stance be on the cart path/obstruction, you may take relief to the opposite side of the path, stance and one club length, no closer to the hole. The play must be reasonable to take this relief.
- Any questions with regards to rules and how to proceed, play two (2) balls for stroke play and for match play, make a claim against the opponent, and get your decision later by the Rules Committee.
General Penalty for Breach of Rules is loss of hole in match play, two strokes in stroke play. Major Breach could result in disqualification. Rule 1. The Committee along with consultation of the PGA Professional will discuss any potential breaches brought to their attention. The decision will be handed down by the Rules Chairman (or designee), prior to the close of the event. Any Committee member directly involved in a decision must be excluded. The Committee 4-2019.
RULES OF GOLF Includes Rule Videos.